Tuesday, December 9, 2014

So...The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is On Tonight....

Hi Lovely Readers!

Sorry, I know it's been forever since I've posted! I've been getting all of my products in (finally!), and there has been so much craziness with it! I'm so blessed that I've had so many orders from customers and stores--seriously, I can't believe it. I think most everything will ship by Christmas, so get your orders and wish lists in to me! (kinsey.tolley@gmail.com)

So, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is on tonight. Behati Prinsloo (Adam Levine's wife) has been doing her rounds of promoting the show (like it was necessary?!). I've always loved watching the show, purely from a creative standpoint. How many more wings can they come up with?! Seriously!

But, unfortunately, SO many women watch it and post a Facebook status along the lines of "Ugh, not going to eat for a week and run 10 miles a day!" or "Why, WHY can I not be Adriana Lima?! She's so perfect". I hate it. I hate it SO much that this company gives women unrealistic expectations of their bodies and the way they should look in lingerie. It's like they're saying "Look! Doutzen Kroes had a baby 3 months ago! She looks perfect. Every woman should look like this after having a baby!"--It's such a messed up message. I understand that VS has a reputation and that maybe having a mother with stretch marks and loose skin isn't what they're going for, but I just women would understand that THESE MODELS ARE THE EXCEPTION TO EVERY RULE. EVER. Do you know what?! Adriana Lima may be "physical perfection," but maybe she can't cook the way you can. Doutzen Kroes may have a perfect body after baby, but maybe she doesn't have the opportunity to be with her crying child every night. It's so easy to think physical looks are everything, but let me tell you--there's so much more to it, so much more to who you are.

Please, PLEASE remember how incredible you are. How beautiful your soul is. How caring your heart is. How you can make the best spaghetti of all time. How you can love your child like no one else every could. Those things are so much greater than looking great in lingerie. I promise.

And if all else fails, remember that these models have had food poisoning or the stomach bug at some point, therefore--they've had some really, REALLY unglamorous moments. It definitely makes me feel better. :)
 
Love to you all...so much love to you all.
Exes and Ohs,
Kinsey


No comments:

Post a Comment